People spend too much time seated, slouched and are just staring at their computer screens for hours. What we do not realize is that these can be harmful to our health, not just physically but also mentally.
An example is how business owners overwork and stress so much on mundane tasks when they can just simply delegate these tasks to their subordinates or to the experts (ehem, we’re called Virtual Assistants). Stressing so much at work increases the risk of headache, high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes, skin conditions, asthma, arthritis, depression and anxiety. So it is very important to find time to do simple exercises to improve your well-being even when you are at your desk.
We will be sharing you tips on how you can make positive health changes by doing these 5 Simple Exercises.:
- Leg Planks – Simply sit on the edge of your chair with your knees bent and feet on the floor. Extend your right leg gently in front of you until it’s straight and parallel with the floor. Hold that pose for 10 seconds then release and repeat with your other leg. Do that five times on each leg.
- Foot Drill – While seated, tap your foot 30 seconds at a time – or longer if you can!
- Shoulder Raises – Raise your shoulders up toward your ear, hold for 10 seconds, and relax. For an even bigger stretch, do just one shoulder at a time, then alternate five times each. This is a great way to relieve tension on your neck.
- Back Twist – To start, sit on your chair and place your right arm behind your right hip. Twist to the right side and hold for 10 seconds, then repeat on the other side. Aim to do three on each side.
- Take Frequent Walk Breaks – This isn’t an exercise to do at your desk but it is a helpful one! Frequent walk breaks and the opportunity to get a breath of fresh air should be an integral part of your day. Next time you feel tired or sleepy, simply stand and walk around the room or perhaps go out from your building or home and take a walk. By the time you get back, you’ll feel rejuvenated to get back to work.
So you see, it’s nice to be able to take a break, calm down and refocus on your tasks at the comfort of your own desk. These exercises might be simple but they can create a difference in your health when done regularly. So what are you waiting for? Start doing these now and don’t forget to add them on your To-Do List. Thank us later!
For your Virtual Assistance needs, Schedule a call with us and let’s talk.